Updated: Dec 21, 2020
Made with our sweet cornbread, this dressing is moist and and savory with crusty top. It’s full of the perfect balance of herbs and spices to make your vegan holiday plate complete.
Download Printable Version
Ready in 45 minutes | Makes 8 servings
1 pan sweet corn bread
1 onion minced
2 stalks celery minced
2 Tbsp vegan butter
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, or plant milk of choice
2 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 vegan chicken bouillon cube
sea salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp paprika - I used smoked paprika
1 generous handful fresh parsley, very finely minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add vegan butter, onions, celery, and all seasonings, except parsley, and saute for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are translucent and seasonings are fragrant.
3. Add almond milk and bouillon cube and continuously mix in with the sauteed ingredients until the cube is dissolved and the mixture has slightly thickened.
4. Add vegetable broth to the pan and stir into the mixture until evenly combined and heat until simmering.
5. Crumble cornbread into a large mixing bowl. Add parsley and mix together until evenly distributed. Gradually add sauteed broth mixture to crumbled cornbread until evenly moistened. Add to a baking pan and press the mixture in to form an even surface.
6. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes until the surface of the dressing is crisp and slightly darkened with deep golden brown edges.
7. Serve with vegan gravy or cranberry sauce and enjoy!